Pennisetum Red Head Fountain Grass
Huge fluffy blooms appear early and persist long on Red Head Fountain Grass, Pennisetum. Deep purple buds mature to smoky purple plumes that can measure a whopping 3″ wide by 8-10″ long! The cool temperatures of fall bring out gold tones in the green foliage. The combination of foliage and flower remains attractive for several months. Growing 3-4′ tall and 2-3′ wide this smaller grass fits well into mixed gardens or can be massed to create swaths of texture in a landscape.
Fountain Grass matures into a stately easy-care landscape plant. Drought tolerant once established but can tolerate wet locations as well. Deer and rabbit resistant.
Plant in full sun to part shade. For best blooming keep well watered, especially when budding and in bloom. Easy to grow. Cut back in late winter.
FILTER THE ITEMS ON THIS PAGE BY:
Recently Viewed Products
- Lavender Munstead
- Oenothera - Siskiyou Pink Showy Evening Primrose $14.99
- Oenothera macrocarpa - Missouri Evening Primrose $12.99
- Monarda fistulosa Wild Bergamot $12.99
- Monarda Balmy Rose Bee Balm $13.99
- Mandevilla Diamantina Opal Yellow $24.99
- Mandevilla Diamantina Coral Orange Sunrise $24.99
- Lonicera sempervirens Coral Honeysuckle $24.99
- Liriope Variegated Lilyturf $13.99
- Ligularia Little Rocket Leopard Plant $15.99
- Leucanthemum - Lancaster Betsy Shasta Daisy $14.99
- Lavender Blue Spear $12.99
- Hydrangea arborescens Smooth Hydrangea $49.99
- Hydrangea macrophylla Blue Jangles, Bigleaf Hydrangea $49.99
- Hydrangea Tiny Quickfire, Panicle Hydrangea $49.99
Keep up with all the newest and best in gardening. Sign up here: