Asimina triloba, Pawpaw Tree
2022 Tree Of The Year – Multiple Award Winner
The dynamic Missouri native tree the Pawpaw, Asimina triloba, provides beauty and a food source to the garden. In spring, showy burgundy flowers appear at the same time as the leaves begin to emerge. Flowers give way to fruit in fall that have a flavor reminiscent of bananas. In fact, Pawpaws are sometimes known as the Missouri Banana Tree. Large oval leaves turn bright yellow in the fall, adding soft golden color to the landscape.
Pawpaws are the host plant of the Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly, their caterpillars exclusively eat Pawpaw leaves.
Plant in full sun to part shade. Although it will grow well in shade, too much shade will cause the tree to get leggy. The Pawpaw tree easily grows in average, medium to wet, well-drained soil. Prefers moist, acidic, fertile soils.
Designated the 2022 Tree Of the Year, and the Official Missouri Fruit Tree due to its many outstanding qualities.
Online Purchase Bonus Offer – FREE FERTILIZER. FREE with any online purchase. Receive the fantastic new fertilizer, Dr. Joe Blooming Flower Bubble for FREE. $5.99 value.
Recently Viewed Products
- Garlic Elephant
- Sweet Potato Yellow Treasure Island Makatea, Ipomoea
- Viburnum trilobum, American Cranberrybush
- Onion Yellow Stuttgarter
- Opuntia humifusa - Prickly Pear Cactus
- Magnolia Tinkerbelle
- Bergenia - Dragonfly Sakura Pig Squeak
- Lonicera sempervirens Coral Honeysuckle
- Helianthus - Suncatcher Perennial Sunflower
- Dicentra - Spring Gold Fern Leaf Bleeding Hearts
- Agapanthus - Galaxy Blue Lily of the Nile
- Acanthus - Morning Candle Bear's Breeches
Keep up with all the newest and best in gardening.