Trillium luteum – Wake Robin
Wake Robin, Trillium luteum is one of the best-know and beloved of the woodland flowers. In spring three upright yellow flower petals, which are backed by three sepals, bloom over three green leaves with darker green speckles. This perfect harmony of three gives Wake Robin its other common name the Trinity Flower. In summer plant goes dormant making it a great companion plant for larger leafed shade plants like Hosta. Flowers have a faint lemon scent.
Plant in soil that has been amended with organic matter like Cotton Burr Compost. Plant bulbs 4-6″ deep and 4-6″ apart, about 3-4 a square foot. Plant in full sun to light shade. Part shade will keep the flowers looking better longer. Keep soil moist to encourage root formation.
Fertilizer: To get your bulbs off to a healthy start we recommend at planting applying an application of Espmoa Organic Bio Tone Starter Plus.
Offered in-house. Subject to availability.
Online Purchase Bonus Offer – FREE FERTILIZER. FREE with any online purchase. Receive the fantastic new fertilizer, Dr. Joe Blooming Flower Bubble for FREE. $5.99 value.
Recently Viewed Products
- Tradescantia ohiensis - Ohio Spiderwort
- Stylophorum diphyllum - Celandine Poppy
- Polygonatum biflorum - Solomon's Seal
- Monarda fistulosa - Wild Bergamot
- Liatris aspera - Rough Blazing Star
- Carya illinonensis, Pecan Tree
- Baptisia alba - White Wild Indigo
- Asclepias sullivantii - Prairie Milkweed
- Arisaema triphyllum - Jack-In-the-Pulpit
Keep up with all the newest and best in gardening.