Tomato Mighty ‘Mato Cherokee Purple Grafted Tomato
One of our most popular heirloom tomatoes, Cherokee Purple Tomato produces rich flavored, deep red to dusky rose, 8-12 oz. fruit. Its complex flavor is the perfect combination of sweet and tart. A large beefsteak style tomato, its adored for its dense, juicy texture. Fantastic in salads, sliced with a touch of basil, or on its own. Cherokee Purple Tomato stands up to humidity and diseases better than other dark varieties. Legend says it was grown by the native American Cherokee Indians of Tennessee before 1890. Indeterminate.
Stronger! Faster! Fights Off Disease & Pests! Super Yields! 200-400% More Tomatoes!
Mighty Mato super tomatoes are created by connecting (grafting) the roots of vigorous, disease resistant varieties with the scion (top part of plant) of varieties with phenomenal flavors and excellent fruit quality. Outstanding qualities of superheroes Mighty ‘Mato grafted tomatoes:
- 2-4 times more fruit than non-grafted varieties.
- Bumper crop of fruit appears 3 weeks earlier than non-grafted varieties.
- Tolerance to extreme temperatures and poor soils.
- Resistance to soil borne pathogens and pests.
- Increased disease resistance including early and large blight and blossom end rot.
- An increased ability to uptake water and nutrients from the soil results in enhanced fruit production and improvements in taste.
- Tomatoes are produced all the way to frost.
- Richly colored fruits with a perfect balance of sweetness and acidity. Abundant firm, crack-resistant tomatoes produced over a long period.
- Naturally strong and healthy, no chemical pesticides are needed, perfect for organic growing
IMPORTANT ONLINE ORDERING INFORMATION
Due to the overwhelming demand, Online Ordering is now closed. Please visit the nursery for your plant purchases.
IMPORTANT PREORDER INFORMATION – PREORDER IS NOW CLOSED – PREORDER PICKUP UPDATE
Thank your for placing preorders. Preorder is now closed. Some ordered plants are available now, many will be available early to mid April. If you have preordered:
1. When all your plants become available we will call you to schedule a pickup date.
2. Pickup instructions: as soon as you arrive on your scheduled pickup date call 314-707-2492. We will bring it to your car, or you may come in the nursery for pickup.
The Garden Gossip
Be up on all the best in gardening, along with great savings with our email newsletter The Garden Gossip!